Thursday, May 10, 2012

Almost nearing the end of the marathon bus tour

Alright we are on the last two days of our Northern Ireland tour on the bus. The people could not have been lovelier and they are treating me like a princess. I have heard and seen so much my head is spinning so I may need a recuperation day before I can put it into words. It is definitely physically demanding for me, but well worth it. We have been fed within an inch of our life and everyone seems to be taking smaller portions at breakfast buffet to counteract the rich - and delicious- food. I am trying to remember the town we are in. It was only mentioned about a million times today, but ...nope it's blank__Westport!_(I remembered)___. I will fill it in tomorrow or the next day depending on when I have access to a computer. Today were at the bog fields ( from the bus) A manor home which I wasn't able to see as it was stairs from top to bottom.I sent mom out to take pictures as my proxy. I think there has been several days since I wrote, but all the things are just too much tonight. 

One remarkable thing last night was the live music and the pub we went to. Of course they played us the classical things and we had to ask for Danny Boy because our lovely tour directer can't stand it. So, you can imagine the fun group ( well more wicked) I am with. The drinks keep flowing. I haven't drank this much in 5 years. This has only been in 7 days.

The weather has for the most part been cooperating. Today on the coast there were such strong winds that I didn't get off the coach. I know you that know me picture a tumble weed named Cecile rolling over the landscape...with the sheep. Maybe the sheep would stop me...I am  not sure. Well, my time is running out and we are up at the crack of dawn as usual. I will sign off. Hope all are well.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know you were drinking in Ireland. It would be wrong to go to Ireland and not drink. - S. E.

    ReplyDelete