Thursday, May 31, 2012

down time and rain day

Woke up this morning and felt like a train hit me( instead of riding them like the last 3 days), so it was a day for down time and recuperate. We did go to a lovely concert at St. Giles church at noon and then for a nice lunch at our favorite pub across the street. St Giles is fantastic. Here the churches make some money by charging for a photo licence. I think it's a good idea. They probably don't have many parishioners, but there are hundreds of tourists going in and out. It is stunning, the chapel is all in wood and very ornately carved. The main part of the church is stone and the windows are documentation of all the soldiers, saints and aristocrats that were part of the history here. Officers were of Noble blood. So, I  guess my down day was still a bit touristy.
Today it is pouring out so going to the planned botanical gardens is definitely out. We need another idea. We will go to another pub at least. This is a great location for that.
Tomorrow we are off to Inverness. It will be our last stay before Glasgow again. I will try to blog from there or I may have to catch up once back at Glasgow.

No comments:

Post a Comment