Thursday, May 17, 2012

Second last day at the castle

Well, we made a trek to the Rock of Cashel, where I realized I would not be able to
walk through since it is basically all stairs and hill. Except for the graveyard that is. We had the wedding yesterday and the weather cooperated perfectly. It was mild , sunny and not windy. The setting was perfect for the bride and groom. They were garbed in retro attire. We laughed, we ate ( still too much), most people drank, and some even danced. It was a lovely day. It is fantastic to have the whole ceremony all in one spot. The castle has two huge dining rooms. It was perfect to be all sitting around and enjoying the meal the caterers served. Roast with root vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and of course potatoes. Very expertly done. For dessert was meringue with fruit in whipped cream.They love their rich foods. Probably because it is so stinking cold here all the time you need a lot of calories to heat yourself. Tomorrow is a mellow day, the last full day, at the castle and we are already on the move again on Saturday. I can't believe 5 days have passed again. It is onto a small town called Waterford next ( where the crystal comes from) as it is half way to the ferry terminal. then a ferry ride and train ride to Cardiff to star tour Wales adventure. We will be going at a slow pace, but still enjoying it. I have to restrain myself from taking more pictures of ruined churches and churches in general. I will have so many I won't know where they were or why I took it...just that they look cool. Well, I need to go book a bus... till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment